Skip to content
Are you a native plant newbie? Then this is the book for you!
Check out the helpful the topics covered in the book:
1) Native Plant Gardening 101
- What native plants are and why they matter.
- Helpful terminology for talking about native plants.
- Planning your native garden: simple steps you can take today!
- Busting common native plant gardening myths.
- Prepping a native plant garden like a pro.
2) Finding the Right Natives for You
- Learning about plants that are native to your local area.
- Planting in layers by mixing different types of native plants.
- Prioritizing plants for your garden – how to make the most impact with the plants you choose.
- Purchasing – what to know before heading to the nursery.
- How to decipher a plant label – understanding plant common and scientific names.
3) Making Your Native Plant Garden a Reality!
- Designing a beautiful native plant garden by using a few simple rules of thumb.
- Planting tips and tricks to ensure a high success rate in your garden.
- Maintaining your garden to keep it looking great year-round.
- How to celebrate your garden and spread the word to others about native plants!
Native Plant Gardening for Beginners is an easy read to get you started today: